Tuesday, September 29, 2009

She's here! My first grandbaby

.

I will add more later, but Meavh (a Scottish name pronounced Mayv) was born at 8 lbs 4 oz with long black hair on the 24th!

She was born at home in the master bedroom, her dad was born in a bedroom naturally also 22 years ago. The midwife was trained by her dad's midwife, Kaye Bullock, a lovely lady. She is a quiet baby (lucky parents!) and sweet to behold. Sorry about the blurry picture, more will be published soon.

The paternal joy I basked in the first night was surprisingly sweet. I think she is going to change my life, just like her dad did when he was born. New life, fresh hope, a beginning full of lovely possibilities. Love goes on with this life. Ever expanding circles of love.

Folks, this is what its all about!

2 comments:

MemoriaDei said...

Beeeaaauuutiful! And a name to match her beauty! Congrats grandpa! God has blessed you all....welcome dear wee one!

Mike said...

¡Enhorabuena, amigo! I love the natural birth idea. If the fates ever align against me (wink) and one day I actally have one of those bundles, I´ll want to do it that way.

Enjoy the beautiful family, my friend.