Sunday, August 31, 2008

Announcing my crazy ambition

.

From couch potato to
marathon runner!

Follow my progress on my blog!
www.vegasbaby8.blogspot

Can a fat slob transform himself into a long distance runner???
Is he crazy, obsessed or just plain determined to achieve such a personal milestone?

Well, we're gonna find out. I have always loved long distance running ever since my freshman year in high school where I raced in cross country competitions. In my early twenties while stationed in the Navy in San Diego I ran a 10k race. Then in my late twenties while living 100 yards from the UNLV running track I got up to 6 mile runs.

Then began the long dormancy and now, 27 years later, I am determined to finish the entire 26.2 mile Las Vegas Marathon on December 7! I have jogged for a couple months now to get the kinks out and plan on joining the Las Vegas Roadrunners' training program for the next 3 months.

I am looking for sponsors to help cover the costs of the race, training program, garments and equipment. Will you help?

The race and training program and package is $155.
Garments are approximately $40
Running shoes are approximately $100
Equipment costs are approximately $45
6 Sponsor tee shirts approximately $100

Total cost approximately $440

Any amount you can help me with will be greatly appreciated.

contact me
TimPoet2002 at yahoo dot com
My paypal account username is the above email addy
.

No comments: