Monday, August 11, 2008

Love sucks...


Wow, isn't it amazing how his voice sounds just like it did in 1975??? Lol...

.
So, beautiful Old Flame, aka Singerbabe, and I had sushi to catch up on the latest. She had a miraculous reconciliation with her long estranged father- got me misty-eyed to hear about him holding his sleeping grandbaby.

We concluded that love sucks, is hard and even like war.

"Some tell me that if it's real love then it's easy and I just don't believe it," she said.

She also pointed out that I couldn't have been in love with dreamgirl at first kiss because I didn't know her at that point. After her dissing me last time she was with me I'm beginning to wonder if I ever really knew her. I have an incredible imagination and, apparently, a great capacity to deceive myself.

And this makes me think. When I met Old Flame years ago I fell in love very quickly. None of that 'don't say the word, love, for 6 months.' And I was quickly in love with Annie from England and last December I was getting very loving towards Singerbabe again during the 5 weeks we were seeing each other even though it turned out she was no longer interested to me in that way.

So, am I merely in love with the idea of being in love?

Hmmmmm....
.

No comments: